Sky+ Magic Eye Multi Room

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Clayts, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Clayts

Clayts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have decided on getting SKY+ Installed in my the lounge of my house. I would like to find a solution to also watch SKY in my bedroom and Kitchen TV's (I don't mind watching the same channel as downstairs but i would like to be able to change channels in all 3 rooms). If i get a magic eye thing do i still have to run a cable upstairs and into the kitchen or is there a way to do it wirelessly for all 3 tv's?

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    I think you have to have a wired connection for the magic eye to work as it relies on a voltage trigger that you may not get with a wireless system.

John

3. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    The eyes do need to be 'wired' as they draw power from either the RF2 output or the loft box you install.

However other 'powermid' type wireless solutions should also offer IR control as they are locally powered.

Personally I had a bad experience with a whole bunch of powermids about 10 years ago and you know what its like, hated them ever since. I am sure they must have improved, but I just can't bring myself to use them again.

4. stevestarr13

stevestarr13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,
    we changed from basic to + about 3 mths ago, we have 4 sets on the magic eyes. You need the feed out from the sky+ box to go to a digital amplifier (ours is in the attic) this then feeds (via coax) the other sets in the house, we are able to control the sky+ box from any of the other TVs via a magic eye. Then my wife wanted a TV in a room that does not have an ariel socket so I got a Phillips wireless sender for that room, works fine too