• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky magazine

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Whatever happened to that? I remember when it first came out we were charged £2.50 and had no choice in paying it. Eventually the price disappeared off the front but the price of my bill didn't, and then the mag stopped coming altogether yet the price never came off, maybe SKY just think their customers forget these things but I don't.:thumbsdow

logiciel

This has been covered so many times.
It was shown as a separate charge purely so that Sky could set it off against VAT so it was really part of the subscription and when it stopped the subscription stayed the same.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Whatever happened to that? I remember when it first came out we were charged £2.50 and had no choice in paying it.

I don't think you are correct. The magazine may have had a "nominal" £2.50 list price but was never charged to customers - it was paid for/subsidised by external marketing - much the same reason as initial boxes were subsidised by making people have them connected to a phone line for the first 12 months.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
I don't think you are correct. The magazine may have had a "nominal" £2.50 list price but was never charged to customers - it was paid for/subsidised by external marketing - much the same reason as initial boxes were subsidised by making people have them connected to a phone line for the first 12 months.

It definetley was because the price on my bill went up £2.50 at the time.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
If yours did then you must have been the one in 9.5 million who got charged.

Well I've been told I was 1 in a million but 1 in 9.5 million is even better :rotfl:

logiciel

Isn't that what mavericks are all about - being unusual, even unique?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom