Sky - Loss of Channels

Darren Batty

Novice Member
I have standard sky (grundig set top) but cannot always get BBC1, ITV2 or ITV3 !! I have checked the system set up and my signal quality is normally 50% and strength is around 70%. I have been putting up with the problem becasue my system is over 2 yrs old and out of sky cover.

I now have invested in a 46" DLP set and the signal quality has been magnified, my question is ....do you think the low quality signal and loss of channels could be a LNB problem ? and if so how easy is it to change these over (something I could DIY?), If I change the LNB will their be a noticeable increase in quality ??

Cheers

Darren

GGTVBD

Darren,

The loss of channels is probably due to the LNB but don't expect to see any improvement in picture quality.
Sky 'picture quality' is mostly awful. Analogue picture quality is quite often far better. This has been discussed to death on here :boring: :boring: :boring: Bandwidth, compression etc, etc, :boring: :boring: :boring:

LNB's are easy to replace, be careful not to move the dish AT ALL when doing it as you'll make things worse. They can be quite tight in the feedarm.

A. Dork

Darren Batty

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply, dissapointed that I will not get any better quality, guess I'll have to wait till HD sky, thankfully my DLP is HDCP compliant !

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom