Sky !!!!!!!!!!! Look

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by TLT, Dec 21, 2006.

1. TLT

TLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On thursday last week I spoke to one of sky's sales team and he was really helpfull in telling me everything about sky+.

He told me for the Sky+ Box and Installation was going to be £99 inc vat,

and £18 per month for the 4 packages.

So I was happy with the price and went ahead with the deal. They went through all the terms & conditions and said that on the 18th they will come and fit it.

They turned up and fitted everything after making a huge hole in my house and breaking a picture:mad:

Then Yesterday the sky viewing card turned up and I activated it. Then when I spoke to sky to activate the card I asked at the end of the call

"Is £18 per month everything that I have to pay and no hidden charges???"

"Well yes there is an extra £10 a month for the recording facilities on the box" she said.

I went mad because the I was told that £18 was all I have to pay and was promised that.

Anyway after a long discussion I decided for them to take the whole lot back out just for the fact that they could not offer me anything in return for lying to me and not telling me about the extra £10 per month.

it's no the money side of it but the pure fact that they lied to me and didnt admitt to it. I did say that they could go back over the last call and hear for themselves but they said that no called are recorded.

Has anyone had any problems like this at all or any advice I can get would be great.

Sorry for the story but thanks for looking.

Theo:thumbsup:

2. trebor27

trebor27
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Sounds about right for Sky!

Totaly rip off merchants... Unfortunately they have a bit of a monopoly where I live! No ntl!

I nearly canceled with them when it took them 2 weeks to finally sort out my viewing card! At least I got £40 in compensation out of them in that week of no TV!!!! (No free to air as too poor a signal too!)

3. TLT

TLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mod can you change the title to 'SKY SCAMMED ME'

Thank you

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    You have made a claim against SKY for the damage to your house and property?

No excuse for not informing you of the full price (SKY CS rep not agent?) and the T&C's as read should have spelt out the charge for the SKY+ service and it's minimum term as well as any package restrictions.

5. TLT

TLT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yer the T&C do tell you the subscription fee but you get that when the box has been installed.

They have scammed me into thinking im getting a really good deal but now I've been taken for a fool.

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

So which is it?
    They told you on the phone as you first indicated or you only read it after the fact.