1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky logos & plasmas ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by jackal2513, Jul 29, 2002.

1. jackal2513

jackal2513

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I always used to have cable TV but have recently moved house. I was considering sky for my panasonic plasma setup but checked the Sky channels over at someone else's house the other day and i am somewhat concerned about all teh logos which appear to be on every channel. Does anyone know the real lowdown on screen burn and these logos ? How long watching teh same channel is safe ?

I am thinking of just getting one of the digital TV boxes which will near enough give me the digital channels I want (and for free as well). My question is, when you get digital channels this way (i.e. not through sky) do they still have logos on them ?

regards

R

2. YYZ

YYZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Turn contrast and brightness down as low as you find acceptable probably around the 40-50% mark, avoid really bright logos such as cartoon network etc and switch on any screen saver features the screen has. As long as you then don't spend hours with static images you should be ok.

Also try and avoid watching programmes in 4:3 mode for long periods as again you will end up with nice imprints down each side of your screen.

As far as logos on services via services other than Sky, well I'm afraid you can't get away from them. Everyone I'm afraid is at it!

3. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Here goes

Buy a simple FTA DVB-T receiver for widescreen broadcasts and don't watch anything apart from BBC 1,2 ITV1, C4

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely It's time ALL av mags. made a concerted effort on behalf of their readers against the tv companies who are ignoring and riding roughshod over their viewers by continuing with this stupid and anal practice.