Sky Logos & Hitachi 42PD5000

A

alfa166

Does anyone know how to get rid of the sky logos in the corner to avoid screen burn i.e. Sky Sports logo?

Also just bought PD5000 - has anyone got any suggested settings? Mind you to my eye the factory set 'dynamic' setting looks great on both sky & dvd.

Finally for all you out there thinking of buying - I bought from Nexnix - Great customer care and demo facilities, Great price - I bought this for under £2k - Fantastic delivery- I bought it at 3 pm and it arrived next day at 7.30 am and we live 50 miles away from them!

B

brethy

:eek: How did you manage to get the 42PD500 for under £2000?their current price is £2499 inc vat.:confused:

Mrs Brethy

ASH1

Originally posted by alfa166
Does anyone know how to get rid of the sky logos in the corner to avoid screen burn i.e. Sky Sports logo?

Also just bought PD5000 - has anyone got any suggested settings? Mind you to my eye the factory set 'dynamic' setting looks great on both sky & dvd.

Finally for all you out there thinking of buying - I bought from Nexnix - Great customer care and demo facilities, Great price - I bought this for under £2k - Fantastic delivery- I bought it at 3 pm and it arrived next day at 7.30 am and we live 50 miles away from them!
Hi alfa166, the only way I know is to use the picture zoom until you can't see the logo.

ASh1:smashin:

A

alfa166

Sorry I am vat registered, so you will need to add vat but I still got it for £2349.

They advertised a 'show' price back in Feb of £1999 + vat and I asked them to match it which they did.

Just talk to them - they are always willing to do a deal on most of the top screens

By the way, the screen is fab, much better than the demo they had set up!

B

brethy

`Thanks for the reply Alfa you had me a bit worried there, We've actually got the 42pd5000, £2399 from RS and are very pleased and impressed with it:D

Mrs Brethy

symanski

Novice Member
Sorry, there's no way to get rid of the screen graffiti. You’re not the only person concerned about such logos, and several have campaigned against such logos. It would be so bad if the brightness of these were turned down a tad!

Until then, general rule of thumb is not to view the same channel for extended periods, and using the zoom function to move the graffiti out of the viewing area can help too.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

U

Uzey

Originally posted by symanski
Sorry, there's no way to get rid of the screen graffiti. You’re not the only person concerned about such logos, and several have campaigned against such logos. It would be so bad if the brightness of these were turned down a tad!

Until then, general rule of thumb is not to view the same channel for extended periods, and using the zoom function to move the graffiti out of the viewing area can help too.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.
Ahh! One of the clever bods from J.S. Technology! If anyone can come up with a 'Logo Defeater', you guys can!!!!
There must be some way of doing this, I mean, plasma's are fully digital aren't they, so it can't be that hard!:confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom