1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY +, LNB output/line 3

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by giger, Jan 25, 2005.

1. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

When having SKY + installed the engineer hooked up some cable to LNB output 3 so that I could use my old sky box in another room. I hooked it up and it initially worked, however whenever I try to use my old sky box all I now get is "No Satellite Signal is being received". Do SKY somehow control the output from the LNB to stop ppl from using the spare outputs unless they pay a sub? I'm hoping to use it with my old freeview card.

Anyone offer an insight?

TIA

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky can do a lot of things to wind you up (like probably making your old card useless) but they can't stop you using all the outputs from your lnb. I suspect it's a fault either in the LNB, more likely the cable or possibly even the digibox.

3. nicko0207

nicko0207

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you are paying the second box subscription (I think it's £10/month) then it won't work as the card will not be validated. I imagine it worked until the satellite update cycle was completed (anything up to 4 hours) after the sky+ box was installed.

4. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +169
    A deactivated card would stop you veiwing certain channels, it would not cause a "No satellite signal" message.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    More likely there is a fault with the LNB, cable and/or digibox.

Connect the spare digibox to a LNB feed you know is working to confirm if the digibox is at fault. If not then check that the LNB connectors are neat and tidy and firmly connected to the cable. If that is ok and there is still a problem then it may be the LNB/cable connection, if poorly sealed water can damage the cable and ruin a signal.
    Finally the LNB output you are connected to is bust, try the fourth output.