Sky LNB OUtdated?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Laughingjester, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Laughingjester

Laughingjester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Ive been using an old Pace digibox for the past 12 months without any problems.

I recently got a newer box, a PACE BSKYB 2500S3 as i wanted things to run smoother and faster.

Upon hooking this box up it kept saying "No satalite signal is being received" In the services menu it stated that there was no signal or lock. I plugged my old one and it worked fine. I re cut the sat lead and got a nice connection again and plugged the new one in, still no signal, Plugged the old one in Signal!

I rang sky up and after 3 hours off calls back and fro they said that it was the LNB?? I asked how come, they stated that the LNB might not be compatable with the new sky box.

I know this box is in 100% working order as it was in use up until last week.

Has anybody got any ideas as to what the problem could be and if it is the LNB or are skjy just using this an excuse as they themselves dont know?? Surely they wouldnt make boxes they wouldnt be compatable with older lnb's as this would cause alot of problems. OR IS THIS to good to be true, after all it is sky!

HELP! :lease:

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    its the box, lnb's dont change.

gb--

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    That model uses a 'zif' tuner. That'll be the cause of the symptoms you describe.

Can be repaired - about £25 for a tuner plus fitting. Not a real tough job but you do need to be competent with a soldering iron if you're doing it yourself.

A. Dork

4. Laughingjester

Laughingjester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Arthur

Why would i need to repair the Zif tuner if the box is working on another sky system? Are you saying that this has gone>?>? if so why does it work on another system.

Now i am tottaly lost!

5. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    You didn't say it was working on another dish! You said it worked until last week.

A. Dork

6. Laughingjester

Laughingjester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Arthur

yes i did explain it a bit vague! This box is in working condition and i am tottaly lost

help

7. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    If it definitely works on another dish, swap the LNB. They're only a tenner or so.

Before you do though, go into the installers menu. Services-4-01select. Go to LNB settings and check them. LNB power on, 22Khz tone ON, lo band 9.75Ghz, hi band 10.60Ghz. Save the settings.

Does that work?

A. Dork

8. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Arthur's suggestions are good. In fact you can ensure the menu settings are correct by pressing the red button while viewing "LNB" and "Default transponder" menus.

The BSKYB2500 is notorious for sudden tuner failure. Often occurs after it's cooled down. Test the Digibox again on another dish/LNB. Make sure it works both cold and hot.

Panasonic Digiboxes don't like certain LNBs but this has never been a problem with Pace.