Sky LNB Cabling Issue - extension help

scottbufc

Hi guys, I am needing to make a small DIY repair to my cabling and I would like soe help as how to do this.

When my cabling to the box was done by Sky it was not long enough so they extended this for me. I now have an issue with one of the extensions. The joint on the end of the cable coming from the dish is no longer working so I am only receiving one signal feed from the dish at the moment. I know that it is the long cable from the dish rather than the shorter extension as I have swapped the cables around and now know that this is the faulty one. Can anyone recommend where I can buy the connection from and stick a new one on the cable which I would be happy to fit myself or any other ideas of how I can repair this?

Sorry that my description is poor but I dont know the technical names for the cables, hopefully I explained it well enough though!

Thanks guys.

Delh68

Assuming they have used f connectors to make the join, you'll need a f coupler ~ they are selling them on 'that famous auction site' for £1.99 for 5, so you may be able to get them cheaper ~ do you have a local hardware store like Wilkinson close by, as i know they sell them (but probably a £1 each)?
Should get some amalgamating tape to waterproof it to stop any water ingress as well.

Delh68

Delh68

Re-reading the thread it may be just an f connector (2 types 'screw on' & 'chrimped on') you need, if it is just the end of the cable you are attaching to the lnb on the dish ~ again the auction site is your friend, or local hardware shop

Delh68

scottbufc

Thanks for your reply, with regards to the water issue, this wont be an issue as the extension joint is inside my living room. If possible could I email you a pic of the connection so you can advise me?

Thanks.

Delh68

Thanks for your reply, with regards to the water issue, this wont be an issue as the extension joint is inside my living room. If possible could I email you a pic of the connection so you can advise me?

Thanks.
No problem

Delh68

SamRadford

Novice Member

You need two 'F' plugs to fit the cable and a threaded coupler.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom