Sky+ live pause problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dejongj, Jan 10, 2003.

1. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In the last month or so, my Sky+ receiver has been playing up when using the live pause option. It is pausing ok but it seems to run out before the program that I am watching is finished. It is almost like it is running faster and that I am catching up with real-time television but at the end I will loose a couple of minutes and thus the clue of the programme....

Really annoying, does anyone else experience this.

PS. I never bother connecting the receiver to the telephone line, well it was during installation and then I quickly removed the connection. Could that make any difference?

Regards,

Jean-Paul de Jong

2. Steve1138

Steve1138

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mine has never seen a phone line, so I don't think that's it.
    Do you see a discrepancy between the indicated free space and how much you hink you've actually used ?
    Could be there are some "lost recordings" hogging space.

Try switching off, unplugging then restarting. (wait a minute before switching on after reconnecting power cable).

I had a problem recently with my new 120GB drive and after restarting lost all my 70 hrs of recordings.
    Had to do full system reset.

Never had any problems with live pause though

Steve

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The LP timing is based on the Search & Scan banner listing so if the program you are LP'ing is replaced from the S&S banner by the next one then it will stop recording.
    Now some/most channels take a very lax view of EPG and S&S information so it's quite possible the program is over running and the S&S banner is unaware of the fact and stops the LP.

4. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Starbust that makes a lot of sense. It also means that the live pause has been implemented incorrectly as I am live pausing the channel and not the programme...

Never mind...I am just getting fed up with Sky + and constantly loosing the end of programmes I am recording....Just this weekend on both Taggart (Saturday) and Messiah on Sunday....

5. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Have you tried changing the setting that tells it how many minutes to add on to the end of a recording? The default is 2 minutes, which is a bit short.

6. dejongj

dejongj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is a good suggestion Nicholas. I didn't know it was as short as only 2 minutes. I left everything to automatic as when I put it to manual times before the recording function get its chips in a twist when recording programmes that follow on from each other.

For example on Tuesday evening Coronation street is followed by East Ender. Only recording it for my wife of-course, honestly :eek:

I will add some time to the end of the recordings and just pay attention to what/when things are being recorded.

Is it too much to ask for an EPG that actually reflects the running times and a recorder that follows the EPG. Sky is getting £120 a year from every customer for this function afterall...

Regards,

Jean-Paul

7. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Since the vast majority of channels on SKY are not owned by SKY they have no reason to waste time and resources to help out the 40,000 or so SKY+ subscribers and as the EPG is an open platform SKY can not force channels to support the extra features.