Sky+ lipsync problem

I'll try it without the optical cable. At the moment I'm sending the sound to my DD5.1 television via the optical cable rather than to my amp, I'll try it just going through the scart for a ew weeks to see if that helps. Will I lose sound quality by just going through the scart ?

Depends.
When you send the audio via a digital connection the TV/AMP uses their own DAC to process the audio, if that DAC is of better quality than the one in the digibox then you might notice a difference. You won't get DD5.1 audio via the scart of course but that's only an issue if you are a movie subscriber.

I was wondering myself if the problem had anything to do with the way that the video was being input (i.e. component rather than s-video). I'm sure that if the problem was widespread on Optoma TV's, then a lot more people would be complaining. However, I do think that a TV should work properly, no matter which input is used.

changed my amp from a sony 830 to a yamaha 750se and now i have lip sync issues.NEVER had them before with the 830 and the audio delay sometimes cant fix it.thanks yamaha :mad:

David
Can the felston you retail be set so it delays the sky sound without using my amplifier - as I often watch tv through the tvs speakers without the amp being on (and in anycase when playing DVDs via the amp the delay is barely noticable)

Nick uk
The problem is the same even when I input the analogue aerial direct into the tv as a pose to going through the sky box or Sony digital receiver.

Starburst
I understand what you say about different people not seeing the problem the same (I guess a bit like the rainbow effect?) but this set is that far out anybody/everybody can see it - barring a blind man!

David
Can the felston you retail be set so it delays the sky sound without using my amplifier - as I often watch tv through the tvs speakers without the amp being on (and in anycase when playing DVDs via the amp the delay is barely noticable)

Nick uk
The problem is the same even when I input the analogue aerial direct into the tv as a pose to going through the sky box or Sony digital receiver.

Starburst
I understand what you say about different people not seeing the problem the same (I guess a bit like the rainbow effect?) but this set is that far out anybody/everybody can see it - barring a blind man!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom