1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ lip synch problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by HMHB, Oct 19, 2005.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,767
    I recorded Supernova on BBC2 on Tuesday night and the lip-synch was well out. I get this problem intermittently on various programs and find it very annoying, does anyone else suffer from this ? If not, is there anything I can do to my box to try and cure it ? It happens live as well as on recorded stuff and I've tried it with the sound going through the digital cable and the scart cable (into my Panasonic CRT) and the result is just the same. I never get this problem on terrestrial TV only on Sky.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Sky does suffer from this to varing degrees on various channels. I have had this on more than a couple of occasions , although not when recording stuff.

I find that by changing the channel and then back again, it sorts it self out. I am not sure how easy it is to fix the problem though, you may need a new box if it becomes to much of a problem :)

Dave.

3. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    If the problem persists, you'll need an audio delay box like you can get from these guys: http://www.felston.com/

HTH

John

4. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    i might be suggesting the obvious but many av amps already have a lip synch adjustment feature built into them

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,767
    This isn't going via an AV Amp it's straight into the telly, which suggests it's a problem with Sky. I also get tiny little dropouts of sound a lot on mainly the UK range of channels that I don't get on my secondary ordinary Panasonic box. The signal strength on the Panny is at full, but both signals on my Sky+ box are at 2 thirds for strength and 2 thirds to a half for quality.

6. fortean

fortean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    I watched some of it, not recorded, and noticed the synch problem so at least you know on this occassion it was nothing to do with the recording.

7. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,767
    Thanks for that mate, it makes me feel a little less worried about my setup :)