1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Lip Sync

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mk, Oct 6, 2003.

1. mk

mk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Sorry if this already has a 'known' solution but having had SKY+ installed last week, SKY and recorded programs have lip sync problems on all channels. I good example is on sports when the golfer hits the ball but the sound is on the down swing (1/2 down)before he makes contact.

Any solution ?

Its the same for Scart or normal ariel connection to TV and also same on TV upstairs through SKY link.

I don't really want to have to change the SKY+ box so soon.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I've only seen problems with lip-sync three times in over two years of using SKY+, SKY1 twice and MTV once, it is an over rated problem but obviously with peoples perceptions being different along with the wide variety of displays and amps it is hard to totally pin down as a problem solely with the SKY hardware.

Even in the analogue days it is wasn't uncommon for some live sports to see for example a football kicked and the sound to be a fraction of a second delayed. I do not know if this was the result of signals bouncing up and down from relay satellites to and from studios/OB units etc and the miniscual difference in time it takes the light and sound to reach a camera.

Of course it maybe you just have a dodgy mpegII decoder which is the source of all the sync issues and a simple warranty replacement is all that is called for.
    Demand a brand new replacment, don't get fobbed off with a refurnished unit.

3. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this happens to me too. However, if I turn off the digital sound output on TV it is ok