1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky link?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jon stallard, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jon stallard

jon stallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate has just asked me if I've ever heard of Sky link. Here's what he asked:

"Has anyone tried the "Watch Sky" link? Apparently for a one off payment of £6.95 you can watch Sky on your PC. I wondered if it worked (that it's not a scam) and if it will work on a Mac."

It doesn't sound right but potenially, it could open up all sorts of avenues if it somehow allowed Sky to be viewed on a PC..... via what I've no idea, USB????

Anyone help?

Cheers,
    Jon.

2. Skunkpipe

Skunkpipe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky link allows you to watch Sky in other rooms. It essentially send sky over a co-ax feed from the back of the sky box - this lead carries the tv signal, and also connects to an IR Reciever - this is used to control teh sky in another room.
    We used to have one before getting a second box - the work very well for the price
    you could probably feed it into an analogue TV card - not sure what the quality would be like though.

see http://skybuy.sky.com/addToBasket2.asp?STR=SKYBUY,70SKYACC,703OTH,,SA0003,,314,,,,,&qty=1