• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ kills Freeview

gram333

Hi,

Just got sky+ installed yesterday in my new flat. We had regular sky routed through to a wall sockets where 1 feed for sky and 1 feed for regular aerial. Sky+ ovb needs two feeds but i got the installer to set it up as they screwed up and didnt send the high ladder installer. Anyway thats not where my problem lies at the moment.

Basically when the sky box is on i dont get any regular freeview signal on the tv or the other tv in the bedroom, which is seperatly rooted from the aerial in the loft. When i turn the box off... waaala! Its all back to normal.

Any ideas where the interference is coming from? I havent been up the loft since i moved in to my flat so im not sure whats up there cable wise? But i do need to route another cable to the sky socket so will no doubt need to go up and see whats what.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Easy one. Your Sky box is transmitting over the freeview signals, change the sky output to another channel away from your freeview ones.
Example if Freeview tunes in at the back end channels 50 - 69 then set to 24, or vice versa.
Access to Sky press services then 4,0,1

gram333

Thanks a million, i will try this out when i get home from work! :)

I was panicing this might need a whole rewiring of my flat!!!

solidamber

Easy one. Your Sky box is transmitting over the freeview signals, change the sky output to another channel away from your freeview ones.
Example if Freeview tunes in at the back end channels 50 - 69 then set to 24, or vice versa.
Access to Sky press services then 4,0,1

You have to press Services then 4,0,1,SELECT. in quick succession

gram333

ahhh haa... i was just coming on to say... theres no 4,0,1 options!!! :)

Thanks for the update... will try again when i get home. No bb atm and it sucks not being able to quickly check something!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom