SKY keeps wanting to watch movies

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Oblivion, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My problem is this for the past week when flicking through the channels rather than stoping at the channel I want it will just jump to channel 700 Sky movies active. It also jumps to channel 998 and also to the TV guide without warning :mad: why does this happen?? and is anyone else experiancing this??

Cheers

Paul

2. Renegade

Renegade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This happens to me all the time. I called Sky and they say it's normal and you are not supposed to flick through the channels like that (!), you are supposed to use the tv guide and I also spoke to Grundig technical (as I have the Grundig box) and they say the same thing. I haven't given up on this yet but it seems a ridiculous stance from them and it's really annoying!

3. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Yes, this happens to me quite a lot while surfing through channels. It's very annoying.

I don't know for sure what's causing it, but I guess it's dodgy software in the box.

4. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Phew I glad its not just me then :)

Renegade

What grundig box have you got mate?

Paul

5. HowieC

HowieC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the Amstrad DRX300 and if I'm rapidly surfing the box sometimes crashes and returns to s/by. On switching on again it starts up as if it has been powered down! Seems like a software prob.

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Our dish got knocked slightly out of alignment last week - the signal was still okay, but just weak. However, the digibox started jumping channels the way you are all describing. The dish was realigned today and as yet the problem has not recurred - So maybe it has something to do with signal strength?

7. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Signal strenth and quality have not changed from what there were befor this happened. It has happened before, but then goes away. Its weired. For the past few weeks, when I pressed i for info on the current program all I got was "Program Sypnosis not availible" and as soon as this worked again I now have problems with changing channles :mad: Its always something with sky.

Then what is the point of it then I you are not supposed to use it :confused:

Paul

8. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    I think that quote equates to:
    It sounds a bit tricky to fix. It might be awkward, but you can use the Guide. So we can't be bothered to fix it.

I console myself with the fact that at least I haven't still got Telewest cable. The poor saps who subscribe to that are having a much rougher time. I ditched it a year ago because they were so hopeless and it sounds like they're getting worse.

9. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This fault was introduced last year when they brought in the autoview function.

It certainly is a pain. Often it will freeze the box or cause a reset too.