1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ & JS Technologies Converter

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Peter Dunn, Sep 1, 2004.

1. Peter Dunn

Peter Dunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On advice from a friend with the same Denon 3803 amp (but a plasma screen rather than PJ), I purchased a JS Techonologies RGB to component converter.

He says it makes a great difference to the Sky+ picture on a larger screen, but I can no longer get a picture at all on my PJ.

I followed the instructions - switched Sky+ settings from PAL to RGB - and also amended the source settings on the amp, but the message my Domino 20 gives me is "Out Of Range".

I even bypassed the amp and linked the JS box directly to the PJ, but it still fails to work. The PJ recognises there is a signal of some sort, but doesn't give a picture.

Somebody please tell me I haven't wasted £150, and that there's a simple answer!

Many thanks,
    Pete

2. cinesom

cinesom
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, which SIM2? Are you sure Green goes to green. Unplug blue & red first, plug in green on its own - picture? Depending on which SIM can depend on the setting

3. Peter Dunn

Peter Dunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the Domino20. I have tried every setting, switching all the leads around and yes, even trying one lead at a time, but no picture...

Pete

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Peter,

Are you able to try the unit with another display device or try another transcoder in case the one you have is faulty ?

Jeff :rtfm:

5. Dak

Dak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it in component?
    I had to change the settings on the PJ from 32 something to 15 something on the component in when I put mine in. The component in was set up to handle progressive scan and so when i put the HDMI in I could use the component in for the cable, like you through a JS bit of kit.

I got confused too as no signal but have worked it out now!
    Hope that helps
    Dak

6. Peter Dunn

Peter Dunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, guys.
    I've not yet sorted it, but have printed out your responses and will pass them to the guy who recommended the JS converter, as he used to be a TV engineer and has now offered to come round and sort it for me.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Pete

7. Peter Dunn

Peter Dunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blast! My friend can't work it out, but he has tested it on his own system and says it's definitely working...

Before looking for further solutions, does anybody know for sure that the converter works with a Domino 20?

......... Jeff, what do you reckon?

Many thanks in advance,
    Pete

8. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Pete,

I have no reason to think that the Domino would be incompatible with the converter.
    I have used the Keene model and it worked fine.

Jeff :rtfm: