• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky itv channels

GCDB

Standard Member
Hi,
My father has had a sky dish and box and put it up himself.He can get bbc channels but not Itv 1,2,3 etc.Before i advise him to ring up sky and ask for a freesat card £20 i am just making sure this is all he needs.He does have old cards but i think they still dont allow these channels and the sky box works without the card apart from the itv.
I am sure this has been asked before numerous times that all he will need is a freesat card but does he need a telephone input as well?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
A £20 freesat card will allow him to watch the FTV channel (ITV1/2, CH4 and Five) if the card is used in a SKY digibox, no phone line is required.
ITV have already said they will go FTA soon but you would still need a card for CH4 and Five for at least another 18-24 months.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom