1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky / Itv Channels

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rifraf, Jun 25, 2004.

1. rifraf

rifraf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi as itv/bbc have decided upon new area boundries how do you change say from watching tynetees to yorkshire through sky.
    thanx 4 ur help.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The changes should be done automatically but I have my doubts since I am still stuck with the wrong BBC1 and ITV1 regions and have not received a letter (SKY+ users are reported to have written notification).

There is information on channel 999.

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,758
    I'm in a strange situation. I live in Mansfield (Notts) and get BBC Midlands but the ITV region has now changed to Yorkshire. Is there an ITV East Midlands ?

4. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    This is a right pain the the derriere. My ITV region was on 963 until today Sunday 4/7/04 now it's gone and I'm left with another region on 103. All UK variances seem to have gone.

Have I missed something :confused: Is this part of the improved service that we'll be forking out more subs for?

I really can't be arsed listening to some woman telling me my call is important to her again.

I wish they'd leave things alone.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Never seen one listed on the transponder lineup, no surprise since ITV are lookign to shut down the Nottingham studio anyway so there goes East Midlands news!

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

I assume the new more accuratre postcode map indicates that you should only be allocated one ITV region which is why you lost 963.
    Your subscription money does not pay for ITV1.

Did you ring ITV directly on the number given on ch999, you might get more information as to why you have been given that particular region.

7. BigRD

BigRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks for the reply Startburst.

I live in south east Scotland which is covered by STV. For some reason since ITV started broadcasting via Sky I received Grampian (Northern Scotland Aberdeen etc.) on 103. This didn't really bother me as I could watch STV on 963. Now that 963 has vanished I'm left with Grampian, which has no local content for my area e.g. news. Sky told me at the time it would be better to leave it like that.

I know that the ITV regions are outwith the subs package but surely this will lead to problems if this is not sorted out before the analogue switch off. I know there's a few years left but things tend to move slowly in the UK.

I was going to phone the ITV phone line but I've got Sky+ and apparently I'm going to receive a letter telling how to save my series links. :rolleyes: