Sky+ Is this a lie?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by paulduckworth, Nov 7, 2005.

1. paulduckworth

paulduckworth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered Sky+ on Saturday and told them I wanted the PACE PVR3, the sales guy said that it would definitely get the PACE.

My understanding was that it was only a request - I was wondering how others have got on with requesting a particular make.

The other thing he told me was that he'd heard a rumour that Sky+ owners would get a discount when buying SkyHD - now that DOES sound like a tall tail!!!

2. blakey1

blakey1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Probably!! I have recently had two sky+ boxes fitted. I requested a pace and was at first told that boxes no longer tell you which makers make them and that it would either be a pace or Thompson. Advised I only wanted a Pace and was told this would be noted. Engineer turned up. He had not been advised that I wanted a Pace and advised he only had a Thompson or Amstrad box. Advised OK I'll have the Thompson. Whilst engineer was fitting box noted he was fitting an Amstrad as its on the box!. Advised I did not want an AMstrad. He then went back the van and came back with a Pace even though he had previously told me he did not have any! Any way he fitted the Pace. The next one I had fitted bloke came with a Pace no problem. It will all depend on what box the engineer has in his van and at what point of the day the engineer gets to you. Hope you get a morning call. As for the box well both my paces make a whirling noise and they both make a scratching noise. My wife is trying to get me to get rid of the one in the bedroom as it keeps her awake at night. Sometimes I do wonder why everyone says the Pace box is the best and what evidence there is to support this.

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    all the manufacturers boxes are liable to have good and bad examples.....they are produced as cheaply as possible...lol

my Pace PVR3 is fine, ok at night you get the tiniest scratching noise if recording a few programs, however anything in the dead of night will sound loud, even a moth fluttering can be heard...lol....but if its not recording (make sure you set the live rewind off to be sure)then its silent......i also dont notice any noise from the fan......

oh, and the fact he said he'd heard a rumour absolves him from any comeback if there is no discount for Sky+ users upgrading to HD.......you cant even say he tried to mislead you, he told you its a rumour, a rumour isnt based on fact......but it can cause people to think it may be true, hence being useful for making sure you take the + package now so he gets comission on it...heh

4. Sid and Coke

Sid and Coke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    When i upgraded to Sky+ a few months ago the first Pace box that he tried was in a brand new, sealed, carton but was DOA, he just couldn't get it to work at all. The second one worked just fine, well, until the recent software 'upgrade' that is.