Sky: is the grass greener?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Brainboy, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Brainboy

Brainboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just found out today that I have got a new job in Aberdeen - promotion and a nice pay rise! Anyway I live in Edinburgh right now and have Telewest, before that I was in Glasgow and had NTL - both were ok PQ wise; some problems but nothing serious (well Telewest were actually complete b****ds because they put a black mark on my credit reference when I left for a paid bill they said was unpaid!).

I have never had SKY but have always wondered is the grass greener?

To be more specific can anyone tell me how is the SKY reception/PQ/service in Aberdeen (probably we will end up living SW of the City)?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

2. Rob D

Rob D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bit confused about your question there, the quality of Sky will be exactly the same as it is in any other place in the UK, I wouldn't worry about your concerns.
    But unfortunately Sky is the only way of receiving Sky channels as Atlantic Telecom who were Aberdeen's cable supplier went bust 3 years ago. :(

Regards, Rob.

3. Brainboy

Brainboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Rob D,

Thanks for the answer. In my ignorance I thought it made a differrence where you were as to what signal you could get from SKY. Also thanks for pointing out there is no cable provider; I thought Telewest served Aberdeen - but as their website postcode check thing hasn't worked for days I could not check myself.