Sky into TV and monitor from one scart output?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by chuteless, Jan 21, 2008.

1. chuteless

chuteless
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking around lately at ways to do this, and have got a bit confuzzled, so am hoping someone might be able to help!

I have a Sky box (just have Freesat, no subscription), which currently goes into my LCD TV through scart, which is fine. What I'd like to do is get the same picture on my monitor (a Dell 2407), which currently has free composite, component and s-video inputs that I could use, but I don't really know how to do this. I guess that firstly I'll need to split the scart, so that one can continue on to my TV, and the other can then be converted to one of the three options to go into my monitor, but I'm not exactly sure which products do this? I'm trying to avoid using the normal aerial output of the sky box, because the picture quality doesn't really look that great through it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for some (preferably not too expnsive) solutions for this?

Thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    You could use the VCR scart output on the digibox in conjunction with a scart to composite cable (3 phono) with the audio going to what ever amp/speaker system you are using with the monitor.

A quick google for scart to composite will bring a number of online dealers with prices from a few quid to lots of cash, ebay will also be a good place to look.

3. chuteless

chuteless
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aha...thank you!

I'll put that down to one of my less intelligent moments...whilst doing my awkward 'trying to see behind the cabinet to find out what outputs it had' I didn't actually see the second scart socket. All sounds pretty simple then!