Sky - Intermittent No Signal Received

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by krupatel, Jan 25, 2005.

1. krupatel

krupatel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I tend to receive the 'no satellite signal' message on my Sky more and more often. It started off once every few months but in recent weeks can happen several in one day.

I have found giving the dish and arm a few taps cures the problem immediately.

When the signal is available (much of the time) the strength and quality are very good. Could the LNB are any other part of the dish be playing up?

What costs are involved to rectify the problem - other than me giving it a whack from time to time with a long stick which costs £0!

Many thanks in advance.

2. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had on going signal problems - loss of signal and transport stream changing its code etc. Had the LNB replaced and now working perfectly. Interestingly enough Sky swapped my Sky + box initially and as new box was still under warranty they replaced the LNB for free.

3. Timmy C

Timmy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    I've got the same problem but a whack with a broom sorts it out for a while. What channels are you losing? I was losing most BBC channels amongst others but I now I seem to be able to get BBC but all other channels are freezing for a moment every 5 or so seconds. Haven't tried the broom trick yet so I don't know if this is an altogether new problem.

4. krupatel

krupatel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I believe I lose all channels. but I haven't scrolled through them all to be sure. From replies so far it might well be the LNB.