SKY Installing over the roof?

BoneStarr

Standard Member
Reaction score
I recently moved into a shared house with no Internet and the landlord has said the tenants have to buy their own broadband, this is not an issue as most of the other tenants do. So I tried to get Virgin and unfortunately my room is the only one at the back of the house. The landlord has been clear that he doesn't want cables running through the house. So when the engineer came he said there was nothing he could do as he would have to go through the house or over the roof which is a no no from virgin apparently.

I see a lot of people on this forum complaining that SKY have installed their broadband on their roofs, this is EXACTLY what I want, so I was wondering if anyone knows if SKY engineers still do this or have they introduced a similar policy to Virgin :confused:

Thanks in advance

As per your post in the other forum, and my reply, Sky do not install broadband. BT OpenReach install phone lines so you will have to ask them.

Ok thanks for your help Neil I wil contact a BT OpenReach advisor, but the reason for the thread was whether anyone had had the phoneline or any sort of Broadband products installed over the roof recently.

You do have another alternative in 3G or 4G mobile telephony - pricey though.

Isn't the advantage of living in a shared house that you share stuff??

Some people wont be there all that long and there is no comunal area unfortunately, Ive got a 3 mobile dongle but 15 GB isn't much really, would prefer unlimited.

This may sound harsh, but may be a lesson to others:-

Who inspected the property for phone, gas, electric, Sky TV connections etc?
Who signed the lease?
Who did not ask the right questions, about extra connections, (there is obviously no phone connection), before signing the lease?

Who will know better next time?

(Not a personal attack.)

Don't forget the 12 month contract term and the potential issues to your credit rating if tenants are running services in their own name from the same address.

...and the potential issues to your credit rating if tenants are running services in their own name from the same address.

Apparently not if you have a six figure bank balance.......:laugh: (In joke)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom