Sky+ installed by mistake !

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Drewster_UK, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Drewster_UK

Drewster_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    I've just moved house - I phoned Sky and they sent an engineer round to my new home the next day. The engineer carried out his work, and then told me when he had finished, that he thought I had a Sky+ box, and that he had put the Sky+ cabling in place. My normal Sky still works fine, but I'm wondering what i could now do to actually get Sky+ setup completed, preferrebly without contacting Sky. I'm a bit new to all this, so any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Drew

2. Jules1975

Jules1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I think you are stuck, as recording functions on a Sky+ box won't work without a subscription. So even if you got yourself a +box and even if you already have premium channels ( and thus no extra subscription for Sky+) you would need to contact Sky to sort activate the recording features of the box.

3. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    Assuming you have two input cables from your LNB, you can buy yourself a Sky+ Box, connect it up yourself, and then ring Sky and ask them to activate the Sky+ functionality by pairing up your card to your Sky+ Box. You need to quote the details from the System Setup screen (Box model, version, software versions, etc.) and all will be set up.

Not difficult at all.

4. Drewster_UK

Drewster_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    Will check out ebay for a sky+ box - i've got premium channels so it's not going to cost me on a monthly basis.

Thanks
    Drew

5. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +331
    I have just swapped my Amstrad PVR2 for a Pace PVR3: the Amstrad was just out of warranty and I picked up the PVR3 for £65 so that was a bargain for a box with a bigger hard drive and for an extra 12 months warranty.

Not sure whether to keep the Amstrad for the bedroom (even though I only have one input cable to that room) or get rid: let me know if you are interested.

6. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Wait till after Christmas - it's rumoured that Sky+ boxes will be free in 2006.