1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY + Installed before xmas?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Upgrade King, Dec 12, 2004.

1. Upgrade King

Upgrade King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As the title says really, i rang sky a couple of days ago to upgrade my digi box to sky + with multiroom and they said the nearest install day would be January 12th!!! Does anybody have any ideas of how i could get an install in time for xmas? Any help much appreciated.

2. mc1

mc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    goto a local independant but it may cost you more, but you may also be able to get a Pace box as opposed to an Amstrad.

3. Tony Aydiner

Tony Aydiner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My girlfriend works for Sky as a sales rep for SKY+ in venues up and down the country. She tells me she can get people intstalled before Xmas.

If you want drop your phone no. to my e-mail tony.aydiner@ntlworld.com & I'll then get her to call you tomorrow. They've got a good deal on Sky+ at the moment.

Anyone else who's interested can also do the same. What's in it for me? If she earns some decent commission this year I might get a decent Xmas pressie!!!!

4. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I was given a similar install date for Sky+.

I cancelled the order and visited my local satalite shop a few days ago. They are instaling on Tuesday 14th Dec.

Theyre charging a total of £250 including installation. Yes, I know that sky are doing it for £149 but you also have to subscribe to multiroom at £10/month which I dont want. In the long run I will save by not paying for multiroom and, Im getting a PACE box as they wont touch Amstrad.

5. silent ninja

silent ninja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're joking? I rang them today (12/12/04) and the guy booked me in for 18 December. I was surprised to say the least, i was expecting mid-Jan.
    This may have had something to do with the fact my brother cancelled Sky altogether. I re-joined as a "new customer" and now have Sky+ for £99
    :)

6. Upgrade King

Upgrade King

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Tony, will do

7. mc1

mc1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do know you have pretty much no chance of a sky installation before xmas in Liverpool/Wirral areas. Bristol however they can do within a week.