Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+ Installed, anyone had favourites problem ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by andyridds, Sep 22, 2003.

1. andyridds

andyridds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky+ was installed saturday, and lathough some issues getting the card activated ( Note : Sky+ box must be have the primary card, e.g if you have an existing box and it is being relocated then move that card to the sky+ box). Clearly installers and half the call centre staff in Scotland dont know this and once the cards are "paired" to the wrong boxes its a bit of a pain getting them straigtened out.

Sky+ functionality, speed of EPG and sound quality are superb. Box also seems to eb quiet !

Only outsatnding issue is favourites doesnt work. Comes up with "technical fault, please try later". One of the many callcentre staff I spoke to over the weekend trying to get the activation sorted suggested it might be an engineer callout job. Does anyone know where the favoutites are stored ( own EPROM ? ) as it sounds a bit strange as everything else works and you would think it is SW not hardware ? Bit cautious of having what seems to be a good box changed out for this, however have always used favourites a lot so missing it.

Final point - whilst ceratinly some of the first line staff in the call centre and their supervisors need a bit more technical training I must give them credit for being extremely polite, helpful and patient. - Now I didn't think I'd ever say that about Sky !:kisses:

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Technical fault" usually refers to a lack of signal. If the box has to be swapped out you are likely to get a "refurbished" one up to 12 months old. It will continue to be guaranteed for the rest of your 12 month contract period. (Compare the serial numbers - Pace can give you date of manufacture from those).

The only way to get a new replacement is to cancel within the 7 days then reapply. Good, eh? ;)

Fman

3. andyridds

andyridds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right about the message being linked to no signal. When I press the blue button, second time it comes up with a banner with no details, but the favorites "tick", pressing select then brings up a blue screen and "no sat signal" box. Presing a channel number gets it back. Weird as both LNB inputs are clearly giving a stong a nd working signal. I'll just have to bite the bullit and get the sky installers back.....