sky+ installed 22nd packed in 23rd

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bloodybigtiger, May 31, 2002.

1. bloodybigtiger

bloodybigtiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had sky+ installed at last on the 22nd May, then went about programing it to record a whole weeks worth of programs. Most importantly England Vs Cameroon on sun 26th. I then went off on holiday for the week to lanzarote. I spent the whole time avoiding tv's and newspapers so that when I got home I could watch the match and not know the score.
    So last night when I got home and the red light was showing on the front of the box I was gutted!
    When I managed to get the box back on again I checked my planner and everything after thursday 23rd had failed. The footy, the first Osbournes and Big bruv, and the last survivor, to name a few. Even the programs it did record I cant watch because the box wont stay on for more than a few minutes now.
    After spending half the morning on the phone to sky I have now been told that its not a software problem its the hardware and I'll probably need a new box, (they will let a local engineer know)!!! What was it they said in thier adds 'you'll never have to miss another match'. Well it looks like I will.

So then, who at sky can I rant at and write snotty email to. As I've been told this morning that the only email address is skydigital@bsb.com and someone will get it. Well I want this sorted like now, not in a fortnight when england are out of the cup. Also what should I ask for in compensation, now that I have been left without sky during the world cup finals.
    Sorry for such a long moan but no one at sky seems to give a s***

PS who won survivor?

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I fear you won't get much in way of compensation, but it's worth trying. Tell em if you don't get satisfaction, you'll buy a Tivo instead!

Although, I must admit I bought Tivo in prefence to Sky+, after seeing it crash in a Currys demonstation and hearing other tales of woe regarding software and hardware faults.

3. bloodybigtiger

bloodybigtiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I'm still within my rights to get a refund but thats not what I really want although how that would work I dont know as the engineer who fitted the sky+ threw my original LNB in my dustbin.

4. Respectamonkeee

Respectamonkeee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    least your LNB made it to the dustbin....

i found mine in the grass as i went over it with the mower....Nice:eek:

5. neiljones

neiljones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Made use of my old digibox when I installed Sky +

Installed the old sky box in the kitchen
    Sent off to BBC for free viewing card so had access to free to air in kitchen.

Already hadTV link and amplifier hooked up so when Sky + was installed now have full Sky programmes in kitchen (minus the digital sound) but not having to pay the extra fee is satisfying.Never had the problem of wanting towatch something different and record at the same time.
    Just waiting for the £10 monthly fee to be revisited-was suggested a one payment would be available-any ideas when?