Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky + installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by nickb23, Feb 20, 2003.

1. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi Guys

At the moment I have got normal Sky Digital, but i am looking to upgrade to Sky +. I called up Sky, who told me that there will be a £50 installation fee, as some of the dish will need to be changed to accomadate the pause tv function.

Is this true, or just another way of them getting even more cash out of me?

Is it also true that Sky could possibly be giving away Sky + boxes soon to new subscribers? If so, could it be possible for me to cancel my contract after 12 months, and then re subscribe and get the Sky + deal (if it happens???)

Thanks Y'all

Nick B

2. satch

satch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there,nick

the installer will swap your single lnb for a quad lnb and either run another cable from your dish to your box or he will rip out the existing cable and replace it with a twin one .

theres rumours of a free sky+box and there maybe a new smaller pace s+ out in the next few weeks with possibly a special deal?from march/april? dont quote me on it though.

:rolleyes:

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    If you are waiting for a free SKY+ for new SKYworld subscribers then you are in for a long wait. At this time SKY+ users are growing very nicely with all of them paying for the box and therefore SKY are not that desperate yet:)

Expect a revised version out soon but the cost savings will be to PACE and SKY and I very seriously doubt you'll see any further movement below £199 quite yet.

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
    Are you saying you can get sky plus box for £199 if so where from?

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

If you qualified for the "loyalty" offer direct from SKY and took the mirror subscription then you got the SKY+ hardware for £199.
    That deal was active Dec/Jan, no idea if it is still being promoted as the "trial" offer seems to be the common atm.