Sky+ installation

N

ncornwall

Hi there,
I am interested in purchasing a Sky + digibox and I have found some much cheaper than from Sky direct, but I am concerned about installation. Obviously, if I order from Sky they will install it for me but they want to charge £60 for it. If it is just a matter of unplugging the old digibox and plugging the new one in, I don't want to pay £60 for that! Has anyone done the installation themselves? Is it straightforward or should I spend the £60?
Thanks

What price are Sky going to charge you for the box AND installation. You might find after some toing and froing you can get a Sky+ install (incl box) for around £85, if not less. Surely this will be cheaper than buying the box yourself, buying a quad lnb and cabling and performing the install yourself.

It's not too difficult, especially if you already have a dish in place.

You need to replace the LNB with a twin or quad LNB (coz Sky + needs to feeds) and an extra length of coax from the additional connector on the LNB to the extra input on the Sky + digibox. However you will need to contact Sky for them to setup the Sky + functionality and this may include extra subs, depending on your current package.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom