SKY+ installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by shagracing, Oct 25, 2005.

1. shagracing

shagracing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im getting SKY+ fitted Friday and I wanted to ask how the installers contact you. Do they do it the day before/on the day etc?

I've read on here that people have simply turned the installer away if they have turned up with a Amstrad or Thomson box. We have it on the record at Sky that we want a Pace but how do I go about making sure they only install a Pace box? Dont they get the hump if they turn up and you say "no go away"??

Thanks

Darren

2. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I asked the same question telling them I wanted a pace box. The night before the installer phoned me to say he'd be there at 8am. I asked him which type of box he'd be bringing and was told either an amstrad or a thompson. I said I did not want either installed and was told to phone up and cancel the appointment and reschedule. He said he would personally try and get me one. Best bet is when the installer phones, explain the situation and be nice as possible as you'll probably get more joy that way.

3. Akcron

Akcron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well i just refused Sky+ again as they turned up with a Amstrad box again. dont know why, as the installer called this morning and i told him "dont bother coming if its an Amstrad"...he put me on to speak with someone at sky who tried to convince me that the Amstrad was better than the Pace...Oh well getting fed up with it so told them if they turn up next time without a pace i was going to cancell it all......bet it is an Amstrad again im taking 20-1 against a Pace turning up any takers ??? Not a happy Akky:suicide: