1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + installation questions...

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by scottere, Sep 19, 2003.

1. scottere

scottere

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I'm sure many people like me have been tempted by Sky + since the monthly charge has been removed. I've been happily using TiVo for a year or so, but am now contemplating the move to Sky +.

However, I've got a bit of an unusual Sky installation as it stands, an am not sure how easy it would be for me to upgrade to Sky+.

I live in a tenement flat, and for various reasons, my dish is actually on the chimney of a flat about 60 meters down the road from my own, with a long run of cable bringing the signal to me. I got a local installer to set this up for me, and bunged him an extra few quid on top of the standard installation for his trouble.

Question is: if I upgrade to Sky+, will any work need to be carried out on the dish itself? Or is it just a case of getting a new box configured? And if work is required on the dish itself, I assume there'll be no problems with Sky if I get the original installer out again to do the installation for me?

2. rnjones

rnjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scottere, having had the Sky + install sort of done today they would not change the LNB on my dish which is on my Chimney of a two story house. They have to change the LNB on the dish for Sky+ to work.

They will need to get the special team in for any thing requiring roof ladders or above. You will probably have to order on the phone stating this issue explicitly.

Rog

3. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This will not rank as a standard instalation and you will face a hefty charge I would think