Sky+ Installation Questions

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by matt80, Jun 27, 2005.

1. matt80

matt80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a couple of questions about a Sky+ installation:

- Will I be charged if I request to have the dish put on the side of the chimney as opposed to on my house? I asked Sky about this, and they said it depends on the installer... how can this be? Surely its not just down to what the bloke feels like on the day??

- I'd like to be able to watch Sky in more lounge and bedroom. Im not bothered about watching different channels at the same time, so a single box is fine. Is this possible? Do I need to run a cable like with a normal TV aeriel?

Cheers,
    Matt

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Some chimneys need a special team that carry the required ladders to reach some chimneys. Quite a few installers carry these ladders, but since the Sky rep doesn't know which installer the job will be allocated to, they can't give you an answer.

To get Sky in another room, you need a "magic eye" and cabling. You will be sent a card before your installation takes place giving the price list for these optional extras.

3. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    better still get yourself a digisender, its cordless and dead easy to install. check the argos catalogue or maplins, but dont get the cheap one its rubbish get the one thats about £80. its the mutts and no cables running all over....check this
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43898&doy=27m6