1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ installation help needed

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by fingery, Aug 29, 2004.

1. fingery

fingery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I live in a 3 storey town house and it's a nightmare trying to get anyone to install aerials/dishes so thought i'd give it a go myself.

I got the ladders out, swapped to a quad LNB and ran another cable into the loft no problem. My next move was to check the signal from the LNB and make sure i hadn't moved thedish at all. The existing box still worked a treat with the existing cable. I then tried the new cable i'd ran connected to the old box...again, worked a treat and no problem.

Having proved the signal is still good i then connected the Sky+ box and retired to the tv to tune it in. All of the terrestrial channels are perect but i can't for the life of me tune in Sky+. It appears to be using Channel 68 but i see no picture (just snow/noise) but can just about hear the audio output.

In case it was a problem with RF1 out i then tried moving the output to RF2 out but it's still the same.

Am i missing something really obvious :suicide: or does it look like a dicky box?? :mad:

Thanks for any help guys!!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Services
    Select

That will get you into the menu and you can check the RF frequency, it should be 68 but you never know. As for the TV make sure you are tuning a spare channel to 68 exactly, if you still have no luck then choose a different frequency for the SKY+ to output.
    Then again why are you using RF when you have a RGB scart and a s-video connection:)