1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+ installation charge

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rulett, Apr 6, 2003.

1. rulett

rulett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've just had sky+ installed on the 5 week free trial.had to wait nearly 24 hours for the +functions though as was told it could take up to 24 hours to kick in.rang back 22.5 hours later and the nice lady told me it hadn't been activated yet!anyway,all fine now.has anyone on the free trial tried keeping the box at the end of the trial but refusing to pay for install as it has already been done at sky's expence and your saving them the expence of uninstalling?i've been offered the box for £199 +50 for the install and then no extra sub(for life) as long as i stay on the full package.:devil:

2. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I guess they could turn off the + functionality if they wanted to.

Am I right in understanding that your offer means that you do not have to pay the £10/month charge? A £250 one-off charge sounds fantastic. How did you receive this offer?

3. rulett

rulett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats right,£199 for the box,£50 for install and no £10 sub as long as i stay on the full package.I received a phone call at home one saturday morning asking if i would be intersted in a free trial,and then option to buy at reduced rate.