Sky + install woes:(

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Timmy B, Dec 22, 2002.

1. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The installer came today to upgrade my sky digital to sky +/ I thought it wold be an easy job and wouldnt take long. Boy was I wrong!

6 hours later, and the bloke finally said that he must have a broken quad lnb thingy, and it will have to be reinstalled. He said he had other jobs to do and left abruptly with wire all over the floor, no sky in any room, and both sky boxes laying on the floor. He also measured the cable incorrectly, which meant he had to do 3 joins to each cable. He also broke the glass in my old charm cabinet:(

As you can imagine I am a little dissapointed.

I wanted sky + for xmas and now I have no sky!

I have phoned sky and they have given me a time on the 24th, but it could be bother cowboy!

Any ideas?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Compensation for loss of service, inconvience, damages and the time taken out of your day for what should have been a straight forward repalce the LNB, lay two more cables and check the installation. The situation that arose with the installer not having any spare Quads is a joke and at the very least he should have put the old LNB back on to maintain your service.

Also you'll want the cable relaying with two complete pieces as joined cable can introduce weak points that could degrade the signal and even provide a entry point for corrosive materials (Water).

All in all a god awful example of how a SKY installation should be done.

3. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt let him back in your house ! thats a disgrace . I did a sky+ install last week , it wasnt straight forward and it only took 2 hours. 6 hours and to have achieved nothing but a mess is unbelievable , I would be wanting some sort of compensation. When it is re-done dont except any joins in the cable.

4. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have phoned sky but they really didn't care, it looks like I will have to write to them.

I just hope I get someone actually from sky, who knows what they are doing. This bloke admited that he had never done sky + before.

I couldnt believe it when I saw 3 joins in each cable, and his response being "I measured it wrong but it wont make any difference". When I said that it wasn't good enough he said that it was tough - he had 2 more installs after this.

When I had sky+ installed a few years back it was a proper sky bloke in a uniform who came in a sky van who was polite, chatty, and knew exactly what he was doing. He also didn't wander around the house and garden sighing.

I so wish I never had it done! My room is a reck, the wife is moaning and I have no Sky until they return on the 24th. I just hope he dosn't turn up on a horse shouting "Yehaa!".

Bloody sky:mad: