1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Install - Why

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Happytab, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Happytab

Happytab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was seriously considering moving from NTL to Sky+ with Multiroom so I called them up as I had some prelim questions about the install. The problem is that my TV is essentially in the centre of the house and I don't want a messy install. The NTL line comes into the loft and then down through and airing cupboard and through thr wall down to the TV = no visable cable. All I wanted is for Sky to commit to the same but they say they are not insured to go into lofts and would have cable running through my dining room and half way round my lounge :( .

The best they could do was reccomend I wire it up through the loft myself but don't they use special connectors ?

Maybe I am going ot have to stay with NTL after all!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've moved house several times in the last few years and have made use of existing ntl cable installations on many occassions. You will be able to use the existing ntl cable as one run, the problem is that sky plus will require another cable run. So you'll need a bit of a diy head to do that. The alternative is you buy some twin sat cable, tape the end of the twin to your ntl installed cable and slowly pull it through each little section - this is tricky, but the easiest way to replace the cable.

The connectors are standard f-connectors and can be found at any decent electrical store like maplin.