sky+ install & subscription cost advice wanted

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Searcher73, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Whats the cheapest I can get Sky+ with multi-room?

I am currently receiving Sky’s basic digital package (£21 per month) and don't really want to upgrade to one of the premium packages.

Do I qualify for the £49 Sky+ Box and receive free installation etc, or do I have to upgrade the package etc?

Basically just want the basic channel package £21 per month, receive free installation or pay absolute minimum and an extra £10 per month for multi-room.

Budget is extremely tight and Mrs won’t buy into paying £60 install or £199 for Sky+.

Thought I had read the ad right on sky.com but had one to many pints tonight and other pages confused me slightly and I can't really be bother speaking to India tonight trying to explain my query, especially in my state.

Cheers if anyone could offer any advice.

2. Pancozi

Pancozi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're not too bothered about multiroom you could consider the £65 deal - no multiroom subscription but you will need to pay £10 per month for recording OR need 2 premium channels

3. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Without at least two premium channels you wil have to pay an extra £10 per month for the multiroom AND the SKY+ sub.Plus the cost of the box.

4. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    basically, if you want Sk+ with one multiroom, your looking at £42 a month.....you wont get it any cheaper than that, but for £10 extra you get all the sports and movies as well, i figured i might as well, if im forking out £42, i might as well have a lot more for a tenner extra.......

if you upgrade to just sky+ they wont give you much of an offer on the box, more than likely tell you £150 or £200.....if you take multiroom as well then probably get it for something like £100 or if lucky £65.......but i doubt it the way things have been going........of course if u take the premium channels as well you should get the box for £50 (bear in mind tho if you want a second sky+ box and not just a normal box then that will cost you a fair bit more......i took the full monty package as a new customer just before the change to pic'n'mix and they took £200 off me for 2 sky+ boxes)

5. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers guys for your replies.

So I am looking at best option for me is to upgrade to premium channels + £10 for multi-room (with normal digi box) + cheapest possible deal if I am lucky £65 for sky+ box.

What about installation cost, is this free?

6. blakey1

blakey1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    If you do the above you should be able to get the box for £49 for the box with free installation. The offer is on the web. If yo u dont take the multiroom you may be able to get it for £65 but this seems to be a grey area and seems to depend on who you talk to at Sky whether you get it or not.

7. Pancozi

Pancozi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you are set on multiroom go for the £49 deal (I got £65 without multiroom). All free installation. Make sure you mention you saw it on the web at that price as they may try to get more out of you.

8. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Spoke with Sky today and it looks like the best deal they can offer is:-

£49 for Sky+ Box with free installation
    &
    £10 per month subscription to Sky+
    £10 per month multi-room
    £21 per month for the family pack

Or £46 per month if I upgrade to a premium channel package.

What amazes me about companies like sky is the guy who obviously works on a commission basis tried suggesting because I wouldn’t upgrade 'there and then' that the offer may not be available for long when it is splattered across their website that the offer is available until 30/11/05.

Took great pleasure in advising the clown not to attempt to pressurise me when the offer is available until the end of November :rotfl:

9. Searcher73

Searcher73
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Pancozi

When and how did you get your Sky+ for £65 and free installation?

As website states £199 for Box and £60 installation