Sky+ install over 1st floor roof?

turbohat

Established Member
Reaction score
On Saturday I am supposedly having my upgrade to Sky+
The dish is on the 1st floor wall, over a ground floor extension.
I think that the only way to get to it will be by walking slightly over the ground floor roof.
Am i right in thinking that the engineer when he turns up will refuse the job?
I explained where the dish was to the Sky phone drone but I don't think he understood.
What is my best option, should I just wait for the guy to refuse to do it on Saturday or are there any other options?
Thanks

I think that the only way to get to it will be by walking slightly over the ground floor roof.
I explained where the dish was to the Sky phone drone but I don't think he understood.
What is my best option, should I just wait for the guy to refuse to do it on Saturday or are there any other options?
Thanks

It depends totally on the installer - to be taken into consideration health and safety reasons and also the strength and construction of the roof - i.e does he have any risk of damaging the roof. Is it tiled, tarred felt, gravel covered - all these risk damaging the roof and causing leaks and he would be correct in refusing to install as Sky's insurance would not cover it. You may have to go via a local independant installer who may risk it/ be insured for it.

Thatks for the reply, that's what I thought.
Would the 'special installation gang' from Sky do this kinda thing?

Assuming the fitter refuses to do the job, will he leave the box behind and I can then get someone else to do it or fit it myself (how difficult is it?) or will he take the new equipment away?

Assuming the fitter refuses to do the job, will he leave the box behind and I can then get someone else to do it or fit it myself (how difficult is it?) or will he take the new equipment away?

An installer should NEVER leave a box behind without an install having taken place on a new installation, otherwise he will have to pay for the box.

Thanks

If it is a flat roof why don't you put some boards down where he will walk/work to lesson the possible damage, that way he may think that you have taken enough precaution and may well think it is OK to do

If it is a flat roof why don't you put some boards down where he will walk/work to lesson the possible damage, that way he may think that you have taken enough precaution and may well think it is OK to do

Unfortunately it's pitched :-(

Despite the guy saying he shouldn't do it (over the roof) he did anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom