SKY+ install! Cable face plate

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Return of Bruno, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Return of Bruno

Return of Bruno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi folks. Thinking of getting Sky+. Have Sky already and have fixed the sloopy holes in the wall from the previous instal in my recently bought house. I have a face plate (lounge) where the lead from the dish conects to. A lead then goes into the plate and into the digi box. A cable from the room 2 output then goes into a normal ariel hole in the face plate and back out up the outside into my bedroom. The face plate has 2 holes, one for sat and one for tv ariel.

Now I understand Sky+ has 2 leads from the dish which means i will need a another sat feed in my face plate. Any ideas where I can get a 2 sat 1 ariel face plate? Or is there a way to split the single on the inside?

2. Scotty

Scotty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +410
  3. Return of Bruno

Return of Bruno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Thanks for that. As you say bit pricey but the possibilities are (almost) endless.

4. Les E

Les E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I have seen the mentioned face plates in B&Q and I have always wondered if you're degrading the signal by terminating the cable at the plate then another lead from there to the digi box?

Have you noticed any lack of signal of degrading of picture quality from this?

5. Return of Bruno

Return of Bruno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    My picture is as good as gold. I can't offer much of an comparison as I was using a different tv before I split the cable. I have also upgraded my scart cable from box to tv which made picture better.