Sky+ Inputs after moving ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Sly_guy, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Sly_guy

Sly_guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there....

Got a quick, and i'm sure very quickly answered question.

I've just moved house, and have a Amstrad SKY+ setup, this was an engineer install, and he fitted a dish with dual LNB's on the dish (not sure if i've got the right acronym). All has been working fine.

Just moved, to a newly built flat, which has a Satellite socket on the wall already, (guessing a shared dish on the roof or something...), and this has 2 screw type points on it.. one is labelled as "Satellite" and the other as "Return".

I get a perfectly good picture when connecting to the "satellite" one, (as you would suspect...) but nothing at all when conencting to the "return" one. So, i'm guessing this means i only have the one feed from the dish.

Clearly this limits what i can do with Sky+ (i.e. record, but not watch another channel).

Is there any way i can get around this ?????

Cheers for the help / suggestions !

Sly

2. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I would suggest that the 'return' socket is a return RF feed back up to a distribution amp... not sure why you'd have this in a common/shared system...
    Do you have a socket/s in your other rooms? If so, it will probably be wired to plug your SKY RF o/p to the other socket/s in your flat.

Gareth.

3. Sly_guy

Sly_guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No more satellite sockets in the flat...

Is there anything i can do about getting full functionality from just the one feed ??? any extra kit i can buy etc ?

4. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    How about RF sockets?

not really... if the signal already been processed by some sort of DA equipment or stacking system , then you are out of luck... you could (i assume at your own expence) enquire as to the possibilty of running a 2nd feed from the dish/DA, but Im sure you dont want to start messing with cabling etc on a new flat.

Gareth.

5. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    If there's an unused feed next door, use that. Otherwise ask your building management company to install an additional feed or employ a stacker/destacker system to put two LNB feeds down the single cable.