Sky+ Input 2 Not Locked

wullsy

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, this is driving me nuts !!

I've just bought a v1 Pace box second hand.
I've fitted a quad lnb and tested both feeds via an old digibox I have. Both work fine, with roughly 75% signal quality.

If I connect them both to my Sky+ box, Input 1 is still 75% signal quality, but input 2 has no signal strength, nor any quality. I've tried swapping the cables around, so that tuner 2 is getting feed 1 etc, with the same results.
I've tried a full factory reset (Services 4 01 select) and left the box off for a bit.

If I try and tape something from Sky+ via the planner, it tapes fine, as long as I am currently on that channel. If I'm not, it doesn't tape. So, this suggests to me that :

1. Dish,lnb and connectors are ok cause I wouldn't get a signal on my old digibox otherwise.
2. My Sky+ subscription has been activated or I wouldn't be able to tape at all.

so, anyone any ideas as to what I can try next ??

HDD failure causes this symptom. :eek: Sorry!

Try the factory reset procedure - you'll find it in one of my posts if you search. It could help.

Good luck.

A. Dork

It does sound like a HDD issue... I'll happily refund your money if you want to return it... LMK

Hi Simon!

I've tried a new hard disk with the same results. I'm trying a factory reset just now but it's taking ages (I've got the flashing play button for the past 45 minutes). I'll wait till that finishes. I'm actually not certain it's the hard disk - most people who report this problem can't tape at all - I can, as long as I'm on the same channel. I'm thinking about taking it home with me this weekend to Scotland, as I have a v2 Sky+ box there, so I could plug it into my setup there to see what happens.

Are you using the original drive? This may explain your problems. I have read that HDD is often culpable when it comes to 2nd input not locking. This can sometimes occur when you have swapped drives for larger types, the only recourse is to perform a low-level format in a pc (outside of the sky+ box). I dont know if this applies to you but it may not hurt giving it a go.

no, it's a new 120gb drive. I'm wondering if the 7200 revolutions it has might be causing a problem, as, come to think of it, I used a 5400rpm drive to upgrade my v2 box. I've tried doing a factory reset - however, it doesn't complete. The box just gets progressively warmer, and the flashing play light stays on (for hours). At the weekend, I'm going to try my original 40gb 5400rpm drive (from my v2) and see how it goes.

ok, I just thought I'd update this thread, for anyone else with the Input 2 Not Locked problem.

basically, it wasn't the hard disk. The hard disk was fine. When I took the box home to Scotland to plug it in, it worked just fine.

Turns out it was the brand new quad lnb I bought that was at fault. One of those Thomson ones. Took it back and replaced it, and voila !

so, got there in the end...

Wierd, as you said you had swapped the cables around!!! Glad you've got it sorted...

:rotfl: ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom