1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Infra-Red Boxes

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Issy, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Issy

Issy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am about to have Sky installed in my house. I was planning to have:
    1. a Sky box in the lounge;
    2. an extension to the kitchen, costing a one-off £80, but I will have to change channels from the lounge; and
    3. a second Sky box in my bedroom, costing £10/month.

Is there a cheaper way of doing this? Can I buy infra-red boxes independently of Sky that will enable me to change channels with only one Sky box? And, if so, where can I get them from?

With thanks,

Issy

2. vex

vex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +261
    Any indipendant tv shop should carry the eyes, the installer that comes might even have some on his van, if you ask him nicely.

I think I have seen them in Curry's as well.

3. jenic

jenic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +179
    Run the extension into the kitchen yourself, it is easy and will cost you about £10 in cable. You can buy the eyes which let you change channels in your kitchen everywhere, maplins, argos, dixons, tesco, ebay.

If you are subscribing to multiroom you might aswell get sky+ for the first room as it will only cost you £89 if youre a new customer or £99 if you have had sky before. Thats nearly as much as you can save by doing the kithcen extension yourself!