sky+ info button on recordings

bru

Standard Member
Reaction score
why oh why cant the sky+ box record the little write up that you get by pushing the info button when the programme is shown.......theres nothing worse than keeping a few films on your sky+ box for a few weeks ......only to find that when you go to watch them ...the info is no longer valid ...and you have noidea what the film is about.

end of rant.

bru said:
why oh why cant the sky+ box record the little write up that you get by pushing the info button when the programme is shown.......theres nothing worse than keeping a few films on your sky+ box for a few weeks ......only to find that when you go to watch them ...the info is no longer valid ...and you have noidea what the film is about.

end of rant.

Works okay for me...could be a bug in your box.

Mine does the same, if I keep a recording for more than a week the synopsis gets corrupted, it usually has the description of a different programme on it altogether - that gets really confusing. :confused:

i have found that there dosnt seem to be any patern at all to when the info is changed...............for example ive still got the christmass docter who recorded from bbc1 on my box and the info is still correct....where as harry poter and the prisoner of azakabhan recorded on sky movies 1 tells me its a sci-fi thriller staring will smith...i think not .... then king of the world recorded from true moveis is still correct aswell.

there just dosnt seem to be any pattern to it at all.
i suppose its one of the problems with having a larger HD so you tend to keep things for longer.

Yes, you're right, there doesn't seem to be any logic to it. I guess that the computer at Sky pulls the first available tag off the stack and uses it. I have a whole stack of movies on my Sky+ box (some several months old), and only two have info which is inappropriate.

I've had recordings only a day old with the wrong description on, I've also had one occasion where I noticed the description was wrong before the recording took place. It recorded the right program and had the correct title, but it information was for another program. Another Sky bug I think ?

No bug.
As indicated the codes used to link a program with it's description are finite, they get reused and since there seems to be no common timeframe it may be that they are allocated on a broadcaster by broadcaster basis.
Why exactly SKY+ wasn't allowed to write the information along with the recording is beyond me, one of the benefits of having permenant storage I would have thought.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom