Sky Increases Subscription

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bob007, Nov 1, 2001.

1. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For those who signed up early to sky digital and had their subscription frozen untill sept this year, will carry on paying what they are doing untill sept 2002. For those who missed out, will be or have been notified of the increase which is £3, that takes it from £34 to £37 (sky world package) this comes into effect from 1st january 2002. I can imagine the posts to follow.

SKY "YOU `AVING A LAUGH OR WHAT"

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A profit making business based on subscriptions has increased it's prices on a annual basis, Shock Horror.
    I'll agree that a 9% increse is way over the top when compared to the current rate of inflation but it's not as if they are making huge profits on their turnover.

Protest in writing/email if that is your wish or reduce/cancel your subscription if you feel that strongly.
    Of course some people will claim SKY is a monopoly and are abusing their position but NTL have already stated they wish to increase subscriber revenue by £9 a month and the lack of choice for digital services is hardly SKY's fault when ITV and Cable refuse to spend the money to provide coverage.

Agree/disagree it's gonna be an interesting discussion:)

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +851
    well, i'm one of those that did subscribe early on, and had my 'world' sub frozen at £30 until september this year when it went upto £34. I sorted this by cancelling sky sports, so i still pay £30.

The only problem for us older subscribers is that we are stuck with the original antiquated/slow digiboxes - unless of course you are willing to grease sky's sweaty palm with £215 for a new box.

JP

4. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh sh*t, that means £47 a month to us Sky+ users!

That's over £500 a year!

That's a cheap fortnight for two in Benidorm!