sky increase

My Sky sub is out of contract in May and broadband in October and so far Sky are only offering me a deal if I recontract both in May. If I do that it will be costing me £10 more a month than I'll be paying when the price goes up in April because the discounted price of Ultra Plus is going up from £40 to £50 even though they are matching what I will be paying for TV.

Anyways, I still have a few weeks to try and negotiate a TV only deal.

Had a letter the other day about the price increase, it’s only going up by £3 month - that’s how the snowball starts I guess. I was already reluctant on the price when we signed up too.

Can a fairly new subscriber use the price increase as an excuse to cut their contract and leave if they want to, without penalty?

It’s more a family device, but I don’t think we’re using it as much as I expected, and despite having the cinema package on we’ve mostly been renting titles instead.

If the price increase can be used as a get out of jail free card then I might have some family words and see if we can come up with another solution for us.

I've only just renegotiated a new, cheaper, deal with Sky and mine is now going up a further 6 quid.

As I've only renewed in december/January, where do I stand with this so to speak?

I've only just renegotiated a new, cheaper, deal with Sky and mine is now going up a further 6 quid.

As I've only renewed in december/January, where do I stand with this so to speak?
The contract has a clause that says the price can be increased during its term which you agreed to, what's less clear to me is how you are covered for the second rise which you will face again next year as its an 18 month contract. Is there anyone who knows what postion those of us who are facing the second in contract rise might be able to do, as in leave without penalty.

Hi, I've come from the Olden Days (late 90s) where I think my Sky Family Pack is around £11.50. I believe that would be around £20 in your money.

im in the same boat going to ring them tomorrow 36 days into a hesitant contract and price going up, only £4 but same old story.

im in the same boat going to ring them tomorrow 36 days into a hesitant contract and price going up, only £4 but same old story.
Let us know here how that goes please. From the brief Googling around I did the other night I think they can still get away with a single price hike during the contact period and still keep us locked in or enforce a termination fee, but perhaps they’ll bend on pricing…

After the price increase, I've just had another email saying some of my offers have ended. But no need to worry! They've added on some more offers, that's very nice of them. I now pay 101.49 instead of 83.49. so £18 extra with the new increased prices and the new offers. Whoop whoop.

I'm just not paying that amount. £85 IMO is absolutely enough to pay for tv. I'll call them this week.

Let us know here how that goes please. From the brief Googling around I did the other night I think they can still get away with a single price hike during the contact period and still keep us locked in or enforce a termination fee, but perhaps they’ll bend on pricing…
Any idea how that effects the second one during the same contract.

85 is "enough" to pay for TV?!

If it helps anyone, I looked into cancelling Sky Q early, and paying an early termination fee.
In short, you can’t. Only Sky themselves can end the 18 month contract early, if you are in breach of contract.
Broadband contracts allow leaving early via an early termination fee, but TV contracts seemingly don’t - or certainly Sky ones anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom