sky+ & incomplete recordings

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by shippers, Jul 24, 2003.

1. shippers

shippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why oh why does sky+ sometimes finish recording before the dam programme finishes, its done it 4 times on the row now with ultimate force & there's nothing more annoying than sitting through a programme only to miss the ending. is it something to do with the epg & programmes over running???
    i'm begining to wish i had gone for a dvd recorder and not added another £10 pm on my sky subscription.

any ideas anyone (cheers in advance).:confused: :confused: :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found this to be a problem restricted to ITV.As I do not want to extend the end of every recording,anything I record from ITV between 8pm and 1am I use the manual recording to make sure I get the end.

3. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    it happens on bbc2 as well. incredibly annoying. you'd think they would be able to transmit some sort of start and stop codes at the beginning and end of each programme, so the sky+ recordings would be exactly right.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Every channel on the EPG can update it's own listings in real time to take into account any change in start/stop times. The SKY+ recording planner takes it's info direct from the EPG so if a channels EPG info does not match the actual program timings then errors are possible.
    There is no doubt that the two big terrestrial channels are less than accurate when it comes to start/stop times of prime time programming, the result is that people have to watch the end of a progam and miss the start of the other or vice versa. It's all very petty and there is no need unles there is a major news event for programming to miss it's published timeslot.

SKY+ has it's own user definable padding, I have found that 2 minutes is good for all the subscription channels apart from the MTV family who think schedules are something only other channels have to worry about:)

5. manny

manny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    you're forgetting eurosport. what's on the epg and what's actually showing rarely seem to match up! any time i 've recorded cart or f3000 i've always missed the last couple of laps.

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Last time I watched CART on Eurosport I took my eyes off the screen for a few seconds and I missed something like 30 laps !
    When they call it "highlights" they are deadly serious:)