sky in spain? decoder and card how?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by andrexsalamanca, Mar 26, 2006.

1. andrexsalamanca

andrexsalamanca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want see sky in Salamanca.
    ¿can iI say to my friend in U.K. get me card and decoder?
    ¿If he install in U.K. an after ,he send me ,there is aproblem for him if call phone and not is on.
    ¿The recepcion in Salamanca is no easy for astra 2d?
    Why is the better opcion,and more cheaper,
    What good i am write englis,¡¡
    andres

2. Dean25

Dean25
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi you may want to check the tv system it works on as I think the UK uses a different type of PAL system to the rest of europe, also a UK product will not have a 2pin plug, so you will need to change the plug/power cord plus the warranty may not apply in spain if it has been purchased in the UK. It may be worth contacting Sky themselves and ask them if Sky will work in Spain, if it does they should be able to supply you with a Spanish spec box, or tell you where you can obtain one.

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +763
    If you use a SCART connection you won't have to worry about PAL I/G/B differences.
    What you need to know is how large a parabolic dish antenna is needed for your area in order to receive the required $ky signals at sufficient strength.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

4. suffolktoon

suffolktoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I think you'll find they don't answer questions like that.

Clearly Sky does work in Spain otherwise all the bars in the Costas would have to show Spanish TV.

5. andrexsalamanca

andrexsalamanca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky dont work in spain ,but i want get whath it.
    How,
    1º If i suscribe in england by a friend, he start and he will send me ..¿digibox work here.
    2º If mi engish friend dont has the line telephone on about the digibox(it send spain) What´s matter?
    3ºI heard what skytv call phone to digibox and cancelled the card if digibox dont answer.¡¡(though y pay the pack monthy ''
    4º The digibox dont work 8dont sound) with set television of out the U.K.
    5º i want somebody what did that (work sky in spain) tell me how
    6ºsky co. dont let go out the digibox out the U.K. but there is shops that do it more expensive and withoput garantia.i want do with sky.( with account U.K. and addres from U.K.)
    7ºIs posible buy only the card of sky and pay the channels
    and sky.co. won´t callphone.
    8º in this case .Work in wich digibox (?
    and i would have callphone to start (the card in spain)

6. andrexsalamanca

andrexsalamanca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. suffolktoon

suffolktoon
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    What do you want to watch using a Sky satellite box?

If it is just BBC and ITV then these are Free To Air(FTA) and any digital decoder will pick them up with a big enough dish.

If you also want to watch Channel 4 and Five then you will need a Sky satellite box with a Freetosat card, £20. No telephone connection is required.

I don't understand why you would want to watch anything else on Sky as Canal Plus show a lot of the same films and the same football games.

8. Dean25

Dean25
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Andrexsalamanca it may not be a wise idea to put you're email address in a thread that anyone can read, if a specific person wishes to help you out they can private message you and you can communicate via email after that, but I wouldn't advise making you're email address publicly available. I didn't realise sky would work in spain, I just though it would be the same principles as dvd recorders having specifi tuners for different parts of the world.

9. Robbie34

Robbie34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    According to the Astra 2D web site a 1.8 metre dish is required in Madrid, which is probably the nearest place to Salamanca that is reported. According to this report the horizontal transponders are fine until about 21.00to 22.00.

Before spending money on a Sky digibox make sure that your satellite dish is sufficiently large.

10. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Andres su área de España tiene mala recepción. Recomiendo que usted consigue un receptor usado "Pace BSKYB2600". En la orden para recibir señales de Astra-2D necesitará una parabolica que tenga un diámetro de 1.8m o mas. Debe pedir que su amigo en el Reino Unido solicite un "second hand contract" de BSKYB. (En inglés significa "utilizado" por el receptor usado.) De esta manera él puede conseguir una tarjeta de Sky y una conexión de teléfono no será requerida. Muy importante. El Sky no tiene gusto de usted de recibir programas en España. Es una abertura del contrato. Por lo tanto usted no debe dejarlos saber!