Sky in Spain - Astra 2d

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ISCM, Nov 15, 2001.

1. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is a rumor that many Sky channels will not be able to be received in Spain. I looked at the footprint for Astra 1d and it does not look good. At a guess I would say that a 2 to 2 1/2 meter dish would work OK in where I live in Menorca.
    What I need is accurate information as to the dish size needed and which channels are to be broadcast on this sat.
    Look at http://www.ses-astra.com/satellites/footprints.php?sat=15 to see the footprint.
    To see the channels look at http://www.transponder-liste.de/astra2d.html
    :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek:
    As you can see, the footprint does not give information for Spain.
    :devil: :devil:

2. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your best bet would be to find a local satellite dealer who is experienced in Sky in your area. There are lots of Brits in Spain so I'm sure you can find one.

FYI, I'm in Bavaria and I can get most Sky Digital channels with a normal UK-style minidish. The only channels I don't get are Hallmark, Sky Travel, and the ITV test broadcasts. Colleagues here have 80cm dishes and get all channels, although Hallmark suffers from digital blocking. One person with a 1m dish reports no problems whatsoever.

3. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi KAO. Thanks for the reply.
    What I have been told is that is is just possible that Sky may move the Index channel to the spot beam in which case a 1 meter dish woulkd not be enough. The local installers just say use a 1 meter dish and no nothing of the spot beam from Astra 1d.
    I do not want to put up a dish only to have to change it after a few months. My feeling is that if I get all the channels now, then I should not have to worry later.
    :devil: :devil: