• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky in all rooms

stu993v

Standard Member
I am about to move into a new build house which has TV Arial points in almost all the rooms. My question is, when I get Sky HD fitted can I take an ariel cable out of the RF2 socket on the HD box plug it into the TV ariel socket in the wall. Will this distribute the sky picture and sound though the TV arial cables to all the rooms in the house.
I have seached through google and it seems like it is possible so what will I need to do this?
Thanks

formbypc

Depends on what's connected to your aerial sockets.

Where's your current aerial? Does it feed the aerial sockets in all the rooms via an aerial distribution amplifier?

If so, you could take RF2 to the lounge aerial socket, and feed the other end of that socket's cable to the input of your aerial amplifier.

This would direct the signal to all the rooms connected to outputs from the aerial amplifier, but would give you no means of controlling the Sky box from the other rooms.

D

Deleted member 30535

Depends on what's connected to your aerial sockets.

Where's your current aerial? Does it feed the aerial sockets in all the rooms via an aerial distribution amplifier?

If so, you could take RF2 to the lounge aerial socket, and feed the other end of that socket's cable to the input of your aerial amplifier.

This would direct the signal to all the rooms connected to outputs from the aerial amplifier, but would give you no means of controlling the Sky box from the other rooms.

Much also depends on whether Terrestrial Freeview signals are required on any of the TV's because if the current aerial input is removed in favour of a feed from the RF2 via the lounge aerial socket, then no terrestrial feeds will be available.

If the loft amplifier is a loftbox then it may be possible to route the RF2 to the "Return" input on the loft box.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom